Saturday, February 18, 2006

Status...

I really believe there are things nobody would see if I didn't photograph them. -Diane Arbus

Very nice quotation provided by Adnan.

The new D2H that I received has been tested and I've run an array of tests on it to check for backfocus problems, metering problems, all the way to firmware issues. All shows the system is 100% - which is comforting to know. I'd love to start shooting right now, but I'm in a bit of a jam right now. Classes here don't seem to be getting any easier; more quizes are mounting day by day. So I'm dedicating the greater portion of my time to studying instead of exploring the world of photography. I will probably back and swinging when I'm on break in three weeks.


Plus, there's on more issue; I have no lens! The body was shipped to my apartment, but my lenses that I use for photography are about 500 or so miles away from me. Shipping them would be pointless since it will cost quite a lot for them to be shipped here. So, I guess the word to remember, patience.


Adnan - in regards to viewfinders, I'm well aware of the better viewfinders out there. Good thing you pointed out that camera to me. I'm considering a camera that isn't medium format - I'll save medium to large format film to when I actually a few pennies in my pockets. Although one of the appealing parts of the D2h is its wonderful viewfinder there are cameras that are cheaper htat have better viewfinders. For example, Minolta Maxxim's from early 1980's to the late 1990's usually have bright, incredibly large viewfinders. Then again, I don't work with the Minolta mount.


Well, that's all for now. Another three weeks - I think I will be able to last.

No comments: